The AlterG Anti-Gravity treadmill has revolutionized medical rehabilitation equipment with its unique differential air pressure technology that provides accurate, safe and comfortable partial weight-bearing therapy while promoting normal gait patterns.
This technology was developed at NASA and further developed by AlterG for medical rehabilitation, fitness and sports performance training.
FYZICAL Therapy & Balance Centers is one of the few clinics in Oklahoma where this technology is available to people.
WHO WOULD BENEFIT:
- Post-surgical lower extremity disorders of the hip, knee, ankle or foot.
- Total joint replacements of the hip and knee
- Neurological disorders: CVA, Brain Injuries, Parkinson’s
- Vestibular/balance disorders
- Geriatric patients who need strengthening and conditioning
- Individuals looking for weight reduction/control
- Sports injuries/conditioning/rehabilitation
- Aerobic conditioning
- Lower extremity soft tissue injuries for rehabilitation
- Lower extremity amputees
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Unlike the simple lift harness devices and underwater treadmills, AlterG provides precise unweighting in one percent increments to as low as twenty percent of the patient’s body weight. AlterG’s exclusive precision gives patients the ability to set the exact point where exercise becomes pain free and provides clinicians a way to accurately measure patient rehabilitation progress.